EB5 US Immigrant Investor Program
EB5 US Immigrant Investor Program allows foreign investors, spouse, and their unmarried under-21 children to come to US to live with conditional 2-year green card. The investment must be at-risk per USCIS requirements, and no guarantee can be made as to its return of or return on investment.
In order to apply for a green card (permanent residence) under the EB-5 program, the investor have to:
- invest USD 1,800,000 or, if the qualifying investment is within a TEA, USD 900,000.
- create at least 10 full-time positions for qualifying employees for a period of at least 2 years..
- meet other the U.S. immigration requirements.
The amount of processing time: it takes around 1.5 years to get the unconditional 2-year green card. After 2 years of investment, the investor can apply for unconditional 10-year green card over some strict requirements of EB5 program.
- Locate and choose an EB5 project
- Sign an investment agreement and make the capital Investment
- Submit I-526 Petition Application to USCIS.
- USCIS approve the I-526 Application.
- The investor makes an appointment at his/her country’s US embassy or consulate for an interview
- The investor and their family receive conditional 2-years Green Cards upon landing in the U.S.
- The I-829 petition is submitted to USCIS 90 days prior to the second anniversary of the date that the investor first received their conditional residency to remove the two year conditional status..
- Upon the approval of form I-829, the investor has the right to withdraw from his/her investment project.